Saturday, October 15, 2011

...and then there were two.


Pooky and Hermes
I'm back! First on the list is the darling kitties; they are but two now and are so big. My dear friend Walta took two of them (gray and black girls, Libby and Eloise) home with her a while ago and just this last week a young friend of her's took another (white girl). It was sad, but for the best :)
a good-bye kiss from sister
.."so long."


happy new "mom" :)

little girl sleeping

We received a video from little girl's new owners and she looks so happy! A giant gray cat (who apparently can walk on a leash) and a black one watched her intently as she hopped around on a couch. They've named her Lily and we feel good about her new home.

Also on the list is a fall garden! I got started WAY late, so all I have is lettuces, curly leaf, spinach and a colorful mesclun mix that sprouted in about 4 days! Im so excited, I hope it all does well. I had to put up tacky chicken wire to keep all the animals out, unfortunately I think the kittens are actually more interested in the area now, as you can see below...




I still have tomatoes here and there, never had one pepper develope past the flower stage and after making more zucchini bread than I could stand, I tore all those squashes out!


vine ripened tomatoes in mid-October? I love it!


We had our chimney cleaned today and Misto found her way into the guy's van. He caught me taking this picture and it was a little awkward...He also told me he frequently has cats get into his van. I wanted to ask him why in the world does he leave the doors open the entire time he's at a house?

so glad my kitty didn't get nabbed by the chimney guy...
Last and not least, sad, sad news. Our dear little porch cat who came with the house has died. I found Sunny had been hit by a car several weeks ago, we buried her in the back. I miss her and so do the other cats. She was so loving and I'm glad we got to have her around for the last two years.

poor babe :(



No comments:

Post a Comment